5.16.2012

a card a day in may - 5/16: SO HAPPY

Happy hump-day, peeps! Middle of the week again... good grief, where is the time going?? I could use a WHOLE lot more of it these days, so if anyone else finds it, let me know! ;)

Another ACADIM card for you today! I've decided that since I'm now over the half-way point for this series (go me, YAY!), that I can start abbreviating it now. LOL Anyway, this one features that gorgeous Memory Box 'Wild Blooms' die:


This is a tricky die because the pieces that come out are so tiny! However, there are ways around getting those pieces out and glued down on to your project in all the right places (without it taking five hours LOL), but I'm going to save that trick for another post. ;) Here, I just used the negative instead... still just as much impact! I even ran it through with a few extra card stock shims so the edge of the die would emboss around the negative area, but my camera was unable to pick it up very well (perhaps clicking the photo to see it larger will make it clearer..?).

And I know some people would say that unless it's a Halloween card, black cards are a no-no, but I personally LOVE black: any time, any where. I thought this would make a very striking combo. :) And yes, there's another banner again... GAH! I think I need a 12-step program. ;)

Thanks for reading and for supporting me on this journey with your lovely comments. ♥ See you again tomorrow!

SUPPLIESpaper: Bazzill Licorice, Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm
stamps: Hero Arts CL487
ink: Memories black
other: Memory Box 'Wild Blooms' die, Hero Arts button, jute, and pop dots





12 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Hi Lisa,
Love your card and the color combination! I am glad that I never heard of this "rule" that black cards are just for Halloween!
I also constantly use banners for my words these days! They add so much, I think. I am just afraid if a few years from now I look back at my cards it will look so dated... Like some of the things we did or used a few years ago...
Keep those beautiful cards coming (and maybe you will consider doing a ACADIJ...;)

judy said...

Lovely and striking card!

pcm said...

I think black rocks. This card is so striking!

LauraJane:) said...

Black is Regal when paired with the right elements.
You did a great job!

Joy said...

Seriously girl, I wake up and almost get an injury straight of the bat by looking at this GORGEOUS card, jaw hit the ground with such a thud, I think the neighbours were wondering what was happening...LOVE IT! hugs!

donna mikasa said...

pure elegance! love the color combo and those banners!

Barb said...

This is really beautiful, Lisa! I may just have to CASE this one - LOVE IT!!

Sandi said...

Lisa great job. Love how you used the die and colors together.

Sue McRae said...

Black can be used for any occasion and this card shows how elegant it is when paired with kraft.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Lisa. I love that die :)

Mephisto said...

Fantastic card.
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysChallenge!

Domi

Chunyuan said...

love the colors and negative die. gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow